Reasons to date me: I laugh at my own jokes so you don’t have to. But you probably will, because I’m hilarious.
You can come back now…
just because you dont break skin or use a razor doesnt mean it cant be self harm
just because they never hit you doesnt mean it cant be an abusive relationship
just because you can communicate in some circles doesnt mean you cant have anxiety or socializing issues
just because you have a good day doesnt mean you cant have depression
Do not let your perception of how your struggle should be silence you. Your problems are real and they deserve attention.
Just as the reign of the dinosaurs was cut short to their great surprise, it may be that the Abbott Government will appear as nothing more than a thin, greasy layer in the core sample of future political scientists drilling back into the early years of the twenty-first century.
I think I’ve found true love
Everyone is walking away and I feel so alone.
mom, dad, im gay. im very gay. haha tricked you i mean gay as in happy. pretty happy to have another mans dick in my ass
So a porn blog just started following me. That’s interesting
Jane is 33 years old. She has three children who have been removed from her care. She is homeless and is staying with a family member who wants her to move out. She has no medical insurance and is pregnant due to a broken condom during prostitution. She needs and wants an abortion and a tubal ligation. After speaking with one of our hotline volunteers she said, in tears, that she had expected to be “treated mean.” She was assured that all Janes are treated with dignity, kindness and respect.
The Jane Fund of Central Massachusetts was founded in the 1990s when a young woman, raped and impregnated by a family member, called on friends for help getting an abortion. The response eventually became the Jane Fund, which helps patients access safe, legal abortion.
Find more abortion funds at the National Network of Abortion Funds.
Everyone deserves compassion and understanding.
What a brilliant weekend. I picked up the ring that my sister got me for my 21st as I had to get it resized. It has amethysts in it, my birthstone. I also went to White Night in Melbourne, pictured there with my friend :) On Sunday night I went to Federation Square for Light the Dark, as I am very passionate about asylum seekers. It was quite overwhelming as so many people were there and it really emphasised how inhumane and bigoted the policies this government have put in place are.
Five Important Plants in Pharmaceuticals (in no particular order):
1. Papaver somniferum, the Opium Poppy: Gives us opiates such as morphine, thebaine, codeine, and heroin. All opiates are powerful analgesics and most derivatives of the poppy also have a strong sedative effect. The smooth muscle in the body is also relaxed by these substances.
2. Digitalis purpurea, Purple Foxglove: Gives us digoxin, one of the most important cardiac glycocides that exist. Causes the heart to beat more slowly and effectively at the correct dosages.
3. Filipendula ulmaria, Meadowsweet: Gives us salicin, and salicylic acid. While salicylic acid in the form of white willow bark powder had been used for centuries as an analgesic, the salacin of meadowsweet caused much less gastric upset, and was mixed with acetyl chloride to create aspirin - the antipyretic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory that is still the most common pain relief medication in the majority of the world.
4. Atropa belladonna, Deadly Nightshade: Gives us atropine, a powerful smooth-muscle antispasmodic and pupil dilator. In fact, the name itself (belladonna) comes from the fact that women used to use the plant to increase their pupil size at several points in history, as was considered attractive. Atropine was also used as an anesthetic during surgery in the Middle Ages.
5. Physostigma venenosum, the Calabar Bean: A very toxic plant with a rich history of poisonings and trial-by-fire incidents, the calabar bean also provides us with physostigmine. Physostigmine is a powerful cholinergic agent, and can be used to counteract poisonings by anticholinergics (such as deadly nightshade, mandrake, henbane, and datura plants). Conversely, those plants provide the anticholinergic agent used to treat calabar bean poisoning.
Every single one of these plants is easily fatal in the incorrect dosages, but by discovering the ethnobotanic history of plants (traditional cures), and isolating the active ingredients in plants identified, effective and relatively safe medications can be produced. Over 85% of our modern medications have been derived from plant compounds to some degree, and ethnobotanists have played a huge role in that.Image: Atropa belladonna, Deadly Nightshade - Flora von Deutschland, Österreich und der Schweiz. Dr. Otto Willhelm Thome, 1885.